Motor in Car

Engine in for mock up. Now I can fit everything including Vintage Air and steering. Found location for shifter which is not to bad.

I huge problem though the intake sets 2 3/4 inches above the hood. Engine sets as low as it gets now so lower intake if someone makes it or different hood. Time to do some research.

image

image

image

image

image

image

Shortening the Seat Pans

I removed the seat pans and dropped them lower. This is to give more head and leg room.

I drilled out a bunch of spot welds and ground some stick welds from the inner portion. 

Sand blasted the rust and primed the floors.

I cut it down an inch which lowers the seat about three inches.

It is welded back together seams are sealed and painted.

image

image

image

image

Experiment on Front Bumper

So I have two bumpers one was bent in the center. I put it in the band saw and cut the center out of it. I added a grill to the balance opening. I think it looks great but it is up to the owner if we go this route or use the other bumper.

image

Roof in Primer

So the Mustang roof got five heavy coats of urethane filler primer. Most of that will be blocked off to fill in the grinder marks left years ago by somebody that was in a hurry to paint it purple.

image

Right Hand Door

The lh door for the Mustang is disassembled, dents out, and in primer.

It was in great shape just few door dings and one lower corner folded over slightly.

image

Fenders and Hood

All bolts in place, panels adjusted, and tightened down. Hood painted on engine side and hinges adjusted for fit. Bumper brackets repaired and painted.

Next replace bumper bolts with studs prep and prime bumpers.

Missing piece that fits at bottom of grill that is why the chrome sags.

Hood fits well and hinges hold it up with no problem.

image

image

image